Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Lemon

I may have actually found a way that I can eat Brussel sprouts.  I used to just steam them whole, but found myself having to choke them down, yuk!  This method makes them actually taste good!  It is very easy and my boys didn't complain too much when I made them eat them.  


Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Lemon:
click here for printable version
adapted from Everyday Food


12-16 ounces Brussel sprouts, halved
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
lemon juice


In a skillet add the sprouts and 1/2 cup water.  Season them with salt and pepper.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat.  Cover and cook until most of the water has evaporated, about 7-8 minutes.  You can add more water if the skillet gets dry, you want the sprouts to be crisp tender.
Increase the heat to medium high and add oil.  Cook, uncovered, without stirring until they are golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.  
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice to taste, season with salt and pepper to taste.

0 comments: